Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work, special events to impact traffic around Ann Arbor
May 10, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that upcoming road work and special events are expect to cause street closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From noon on Saturday, May 11 until 1 a.m. on Sunday, May 12, Maynard between Liberty and William is scheduled to be closed for the Rock the District special event.
- From Monday, May 13 until Wednesday, May 15, North Fifth Avenue from Beakes Street to Detroit Street, and East Kingsley Street from North Fifth Avenue to Detroit Street are expected to be closed to vehicle traffic for paving work.
- Vehicles will be detoured using North Division Street, Beakes Street, North Fourth Avenue and East Ann Street.
- From Monday, May 13 until July 12, westbound William Street between State and Division is scheduled to be closed for road resurfacing.
- Traffic will be detoured northbound on State to westbound on Liberty to southbound on Fifth Avenue and back to William.
- From 7 a.m. on Monday, May 13 until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17, Broadway Street at Plymouth Road is anticipated to be closed for a new fire hydrant installation.
- Northbound Broadway Street traffic will be detoured south on Broadway to eastbound Plymouth Road.
- Southbound Broadway Street traffic will be detoured north on Broadway to westbound Plymouth Road.
- Local business access will be maintained, and pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the north side of the street.
- Local traffic will be maintained with a full closure occurring on Broadway at Traver Creek. Emergency vehicles will follow the detour.
- From now until May 17, Fuller Road from the Huron River to the easterly end of Fuller Court will have intermittent single-lane closures in one or both directions of travel.
- The work will take place between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.