Plan ahead and expect delays: Road work around Ann Arbor
May 29, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that ongoing and upcoming road work is expected to cause closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need ot know:
- Until 3 p.m. today, May 29, all northbound lanes on Huron Parkway between Plymouth and the Nixon Road traffic circle are scheduled to be closed for asphalt work.
- Northbound traffic will be dfetoured to westbound Plymouth Road and then northbound on Nixon Road. Southbound traffic will not be affected.
- Until 3 p.m. today, May 29, all northbound lanes on Nixon Road between Haverhill Court and Westbury Court are anticipated to be intermittently controlled by flaggers. Two-way traffic will likely be maintained.
- Ongoing road work along South University has been extended until Friday, May 31.
- Eastbound South University traffic will be detoured to southbound East University to eastbound Hill Street to northbound Church Street.
- Westbound South University traffic will be detoured to southbound Church Street to westbound Hill Street to northbound East University.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of South University Ave.
- Extended until June 21, Fourth Avenue from Huron Street to Washington Street is scheduled to be closed for underground gas utility work.
- Between today and June 1, the road will be closed to both northbound and southbound traffic.
- From June 2 until June 21, southbound traffic only will be closed. Northbound traffic is expected to be maintained.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured west on Huron Street, south on North First Street, east on Washington Street to South Fourth Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Washington Street, north on Main Street, east on Huron Street to North Fourth Avenue.