Plan ahead and expect delays: Numerous special events, maintenance projects to cause road closures around Ann Arbor
Please be advised that a number of special events and maintenance projects are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Today and tomorrow, May 4, Ashley Street between Huron and Washington is scheduled to be reduced to one lane for underground utility work. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.
- From 7 a.m. on Sunday, May 5 until 2 a.m. on Monday, May 6, Liberty from Thompson to Division is scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Cinco de Mayo event.
- From 11 a.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, May 5, Spring Street between Miller and Cherry is likely to be closed for the Water Hill MusicFest Continued event.
- From 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 5, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Burns Park Run:
- Baldwin Ave. from Wells Street to Cambridge Road
- Cambridge Road from Baldwin Ave. to Martin Place
- Martin Place from Cambridge Road to Wells Street
- Wells Street from Martin Place to Lincoln Ave.
- Lincoln Ave. from Wells Street to Cambridge Road
- Cambridge Road from Lincoln Ave. to South Forest Ave.
- South Forest Ave. from Cambridge Road to Granger Ave.
- Granger Ave. from South Forest Ave. to Baldwin Ave.
- Baldwin Ave. from Granger Ave. to Brooklyn Ave.
- Brooklyn Ave. from Baldwin Ave. to Lincoln Ave.
- Lincoln Ave. from Brooklyn Ave. to Shadford Road
- Shadford Road from Lincoln Ave. to Woodside Road
- Woodside Road from Shadford Road to Scottwood Ave.
- Scottwood Ave. from Woodside Road to Norway Road
- Norway Road from Scottwood Ave. to Ferdon Road
- Ferdon Road from Norway Road to Wells Street
- Wells Street from Ferdon Road to Baldwin Ave.
- Just a reminder, beginning Monday, May 6, Fuller Street at Glen Ave./Fuller Road is expected to close until Aug. 21. Click here for more information.
- From Monday, May 6 until Friday, May 31, the existing right, eastbound lane of Plymouth Road between Broadway and Barton Drive is anticipated to be closed to vehicle traffic. Pedestrian traffic will be rerouted to the north sidewalk.
- From 9 a.m. on Monday, May 6 until 5 p.m. on Friday, May 17, South University is expected to be closed to traffic between East University and Church St.
- Eastbound South University traffic will be detroured to southbound East University to eastbound Hill Street to northbound Church Street.
- Westbound South University traffic will be detoured to southbound Church Street to westbound Hill Street to northbound East University.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of South University Ave.
- From 9 a.m. on Monday, May 6 until 7 p.m. on Thursday, May 30, the intersection of Greene St. and Hoover Ave. will likely be closed in all directions for utility work.
- Hoover will be closed between Greene Street to the west side of Division.
- Hoover will also be closed to westbound traffic from Division Street to State Street.
- Traffic intending to travel eastbound on Hoover Ave., or to use the Greene/Hoover intesection, will be detoured on Main Street to Hill Street to Division Street.
- Traffic intending to travel westbound will be detoured on State Street to Hill Street to Main Street.
- Due to this project, the Commuter Route (North and South) and Crisler Express buses will be required to detour. Click here for more information.
- From Monday, May 6 until Tuesday, May 7, First Street is scheduled to be closed at the south side of Huron Street.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured eastbound on Huron Street to southbound on Main Street to westbound on Washington Street to First Street.