It’s Nurses Week! Celebrating life savers at Michigan Medicine
Through their work at the bedside, in ambulatory clinics or in the skies above as part of Survival Flight, nurses at Michigan Medicine carry out exceptional patient care every day.
In celebration of Nurses Week 2019 — which began yesterday — be sure to take a moment to recognize these life savers who are all vital members of the Michigan Medicine community. Indeed, without nurses, the organization would not be able to carry out its mission of advancing health to serve Michigan and the world.
Also this week, in an effort to support the professional development of its nurses, the Nurse Recruitment and Retention team is announcing a variety of educational opportunities open to all nurses:
- Annual nursing poster day: Friday, May 17, Towsley Lobby (all are invited to attend)
- Dinner and pain lecture, “New Laws, Policies and Interventions: Are Pain Outcomes Better, Worse or Unchanged?”: 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Tuesday, June 11; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- “Preventing Compassion Fatigue” lecture: 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Tuesday, June 18; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Mackinac Island bus trip with pain lecture and compassion fatigue video: 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m., Friday, July 19
- Saugatuck bus trip with pain lecture and compassion fatigue video: 7:30 a.m. – 8 p.m., Thursday, Aug. 22 (CE provided)
- Detroit Princess Riverboat trip lunch and learn: 9:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 21 (CE provided)
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification review course: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sept. 23 and 24; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor
- Progressive Care Certified Nurse (PCCN) certification review course: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Sept. 24 and 25; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor
- Certified Nurse Manager and Leader (CNML) review course: 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 6; Kensington Hotel, 3500 S. State St., Ann Arbor (open to ACNOs, clinical nursing directors and supervisors only)
- Online review, “Conquering Lab Interpretation”: CE provided through Med-Ed eLearning
- Online review, “Pediatric CCRN Exam Review”: CE provided through Med-Ed eLearning
- Online (3 CE) gift card
- Online certification review gift card
Nurses should register for these events by Friday, May 17. For more information, details on how to register or to ask questions, please call 734-936-5183 or click here.
Be sure to check out the photo gallery above to see a number of life savers who make Michigan Medicine a worldwide leader in patient care!