Expect delays: Upcoming projects to cause road closures around Ann Arbor
May 16, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of maintenance projects are expected to cause traffic delays around Ann Arbor in the days ahead.
Plan ahead and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Fourth Avenue from Huron Street to Washington Street is scheduled to be closed for underground gas utility work.
- Between today and May 23, the road will be closed to both northbound and southbound traffic.
- From May 24 until June 14, southbound traffic only will be closed. Northbound traffic is expected to be maintained.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured west on Huron Street, south on North First Street, east on Washington Street to South Fourth Avenue.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Washington Street, north on Main Street, east on Huron Street to North Fourth Avenue.
- From 6:30 p.m. on Friday, May 17 until 9 p.m. on Sunday, May 19, the intersection of Packard and Granger is scheduled to be closed.
- Northbound Packard Street will be detoured west along East Stadium Boulevard, south on South Industrial, west on Stimson, north on South State Street to Packard.
- Southbound Packard will be detoured south on South State Street, east on Stimson, north on South Industrial, east on East Stadium Boulevard to Packard.
- From Monday, May 20 until Friday, June 15, Platt Road is anticipated to be closed to traffic in the southbound direction between Washtenaw Avenue and South Huron Parkway.
- Traffic will be detoured east on Washtenaw Avenue to south on South Huron Parkway and back to Platt Road.
- One lane in the northbound direction will be maintained.