Plan ahead: Parking changes during spring commencement
Please be advised that spring commencement ceremonies will occur between Thursday, May 2 and Sunday, May 5.
During that time, Ross Athletic, Central and North Campus parking areas will be made available for guest parking.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Church, Fletcher, Hill, Palmer (including visitor area), Thayer & Thompson Structures (blue parking only):
- Thursday, May 2 and Firday, May 3: Entry/exit gates will remain open with the exception of 6 a.m. – 9 a.m. each morning.
- Saturday, May 4 and Sunday, May 5: Entry/exit gates will remain open.
- Note at Palmer, gold/blue parkers can still use the visitor entrance lane to access parking.
- Ross Athletic, Central & North Campus surface lots:
- Parking will be enforced 6 a.m – 9 a.m. on Thursday, May 2 and Friday, May 3.
- Outside of these hours, enforcement will be lifted until 6 a.m. on Monday, May 6.
- In order to accommodate commencement activities, it is requested that ALL vehicles (personal and university) be parked at off-site locations away from the Michigan Stadium/Crisler Center area by 5 p.m. on Friday, May 3 through 5 p.m. on Sunday, May 5. Affected lots include:
- SC2: Blue lot between Keech and Hoover streets
- SC3: Service Center at Admin. Services Building
- SC4: Yellow lot on Kipke Dr.
- SC5: Yellow lot on Kipke Dr.
- SC6: Orange lot west of Kipke Dr.
- SC7: Orange lot east of Kipke Dr.
- SC11: U-M Business Vehicle and Service Vehicle lot on Hoover St. at the Physical Properties Building
- SC32: Visitor lot on Greene St.
- SC35: Yellow lot between Keech and Hoover streets
- SC36: Orange lot at Keech and Main streets
- SC41: Orange lot on Hoover St.
Those staff who are scheduled to work on Friday evening, on Saturday or on Sunday may park in their usual places, unless the parking is barricaded/signed for commencement purposes.