Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road work around Ann Arbor
April 26, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of construction projects are scheduled around Ann Arbor in the coming weeks.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- An ongoing gas main project on Maiden Lane and Nielsen Court will shift northbound traffic into the center lane.
- The work is expected to take place between 9 a.m. and 3 p.m. daily through Thursday, May 2.
- Beginning Monday, April 29, intermittent single-lane closures in one or both directions of travel are scheduled to be in place along Fuller Road from the Huron River to the easterly end of Fuller Court.
- The work will occur between the hours of 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., and is expected to be completed by Friday, May 3.
- Bicycle and pedestrian traffic will be maintained at all times.
- From Monday, April 29 until Friday, May 3, Detroit Street between Catherine and North Fifth Avenue is expected to be closed to traffic. Emergency access and pedestrian access will be maintained.
- On Tuesday, April 30 and Wednesday, May 1, First Street is anticipated to be closed at the south side of Huron Street.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured westbound on Huron Street to southbound on Main Street to eastbound on Washington Street back to First Street.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street.
- The ongoing work on northbound Third Street between Washington and East Huron has been extended until Friday, May 3.