Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
April 4, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that upcoming maintenance work and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From noon until midnight on Friday, April 5, Detroit Street from Catherine to Fifth Avenue is scheduled to be closed for the Fool Moon special event.
- From 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 6, Monroe Street between Tappan and State Street is expected to be closed for the Monroe Street Fair.
- From 5:30 a.m. until 10:30 a.m. on Sunday, April 7, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Trail to the Victors 5K:
- State Street from near the Stadium Bridge to North University
- Monroe Street from State to Tappan
- Tappan from Monroe Street to South University
- South University from State to East University
- East University from South University to Fletcher
- North University from State Street to the Bus Shelters
- Fletcher Street from North University to East Washington Street
- East Washington Street from Fletcher to Thayer
- Thayer from East Washington to North University
- Madison from State to Division
- Division from Madison to Hoover
- Hoover from State Street to Greene and Keech (finish inside Michigan Stadium)?
- From 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. on Sunday, April 7, the following streets will be closed for the FestiFools special event:
- South Main from William to Washington
- Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth Avenue
- Between 9 a.m. on Monday, April 8 and 3 p.m on Monday, April 15, the following streets are anticipated to be impacted by guardrail installation:
- Eastbound right lane of Fuller Road, before and after the Furstenberg Nature Area.
- Westbound right lane of East Eisenhower Parkway from South Industrial to Boardwalk
- Southbound right lane of South Industrial, just north of East Eisenhower Parkway
- Eastbound right lane of Plymouth Road, just before and after the Plymouth Road Park-and-Ride.
- The eastbound right lane of Plymouth Road, before and after the entrance to the North Campus Research Complex
- Beginning Tuesday, April 9, Eastbound traffic on East Huron Street will be narrowed to one lane from Third Street to Glen Avenue. Westbound traffic will be narrowed to one lane from Fletcher to Main Street. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on one side of the street at all times.