Updates in Nephrology for the Primary Care Provider
Saturday, May 11, 2019
7:30am - 3:30pm
The Inn at St. John's
This course is intended for primary care physicians, internal medicine physicians, nephrologists, nurse
practitioners, physician assistants, residents in internal medicine, nephrology fellows, and other health
At the end of this activity, the participant should be able to:
- evaluate a patient with kidney stone, and advise the patient on pharmacological and life-style modifications to help reduce recurrence risk.
- provide an initial evaluation and therapeutic interventions for patients with abnormalities of electrolytes.
- counsel patients on supplements and medications that can lead to kidney injury.
- work with a nephrologist to co-manage patients on dialysis.
- understand patient individual learning and communication styles to improve patient-provider communication.
- help patients manage the issues of diet and kidney disease.