RISE now accepting fellowship applications
RISE is sponsoring an 18-month fellowship that will provide support for those who wish to develop and implement novel ideas in education, and also develop themselves as innovators.
RISE fellows will receive 0.25 FTE support, and up to $7,500 to assist in the completion of a proposed medical or graduate education innovation.
All faculty, staff, and learners at the U-M Medical School are eligible to apply if they are able to modify their position/program requirements to accommodate the 25 percent time required to participate as a RISE fellow. Each applicant must submit a description of their proposed innovation that will translate knowledge and ideas into new and improved educational products, services, or processes for the advancement of science, health and health care delivery.
RISE is interested in supporting innovative ideas and projects in education that have the potential to transform the way individuals learn and train. Based on extensive input from the community, initial priorities during this pilot phase include ideas that will:
- facilitate learner creativity and scientific problem-solving;
- support transitions along the continuum (e.g., pre-candidate to candidate; medical school to residency, etc.)
- coordinate learning systems and clinical/scientific data across the continuum
- address key health issues currently facing society, such as:
- Health care access (including costs, delivery, or disparities)
- High-prevalence health conditions (including obesity, mental health, & chronic pain)
- Preventative health care (including vaccinations & ecological issues)
- RISE fellowship informational webinar: March 20, 4– 5 p.m. via https://bluejeans.com/572240093
- RISE fellowship brainstorming session: March 26, 1-2:00 p.m., 3817 THSL
- Online application submission deadline: April 19 at 11:59 p.m.
- Notification of decision: late-May/early June 2019
- RISE fellowship begins: October 2019
For more information please contact email@example.com with questions.