Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures, maintenance projects
Please be advised that upcoming parking structure maintenance projects and road closures are expected to take place around the academic medical center.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area. Here’s what you need to know:
- A project to install fall prevention fencing within medical campus parking structures P1-P4 began on Feb. 25.
- Installation work will commence at P2 this evening. The majority of the work will be completed between approximately 5 p.m. and 2 a.m.
- Signage has been posted notifying parkers of the project work and any space closures.
- Additional project updates will be provided as the work progresses.
- Between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Thursday, March 7 and Friday, March 8, the City of Ann Arbor is scheduled to perform forestry work on Fuller Street near Glen Avenue.
- Northbound Glen Avenue traffic will be unable to turn westbound onto Fuller Street.
- Northbound Fuller Street traffic will be detoured to Maiden Lane, to Broadway Bridge, to Beakes then to North Main Street.
- Southbound Glen Avenue traffic, which will also not be allowed to travel west on Fuller, will be detoured to East Huron Street then to North Main Street.
- Pedestrian traffic will not be affected.
- On Sunday, March 10, from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m., the following streets are expected to be closed for the Shamrocks &? Shenanigans 5K Run/Walk special event:
- South Main Street from Washington to Stadium
- Washington between South First and Main Street
- South First between West Washington and East William
- East William between South First and Main Street
- South Ashley between William and West Jefferson
- West Jefferson between South Ashley and South Main Street