Introducing a new approach to performance evaluations!
The Organizational Learning team, in collaboration with Organizational Effectiveness in Human Resources, is excited to announce the introduction of a novel approach to performance management.
Highly encouraged for the fiscal year 2019 performance review cycle, the team is introducing the Performance Valuation, which focuses not on performance gaps, but on how current and future accomplishments can help achieve overall professional goals.
Resources to support this approach include a future-focused development section and tools that encourage impactful conversations between leaders and direct reports. The focus is on the value that employees bring to Michigan Medicine.
For a video overview of the new form, click here.
Recent feedback has shown that employees would prefer evaluations to be more conversational, easier to follow and to provide more flexibility. Toward that end, positively-framed conversation questions, video tutorials, and a section for specific department content have been included, just to name a few changes.
Take a moment to look at the Performance Evaluation Resources posted on the Michigan Medicine Human Resources web page and consult with your leader to determine if using this new approach in FY19 is an option for your department (this approach is optional for FY19 and will replace the “old” Staff and Leadership Evaluations in FY20).
Here are a some frequently asked questions to help you get started:
- Where can I find more information? Please see the links on the Performance Evaluation Resources page
- Can I use this form now? You’ll need to consult with your leader to determine if your area will be using this form in FY19. Each leader will make the call for their department in FY19.
- How can I learn more? Please take a moment to listen to the video tutorials that will walk you through each section step-by-step.
- How can I provide feedback? A survey link is included at the end of the Performance Valuation for feedback. Your feedback will help inform changes prior to the full roll-out in FY20.
- Will there be in-person sessions if I would like to talk with someone? In-person overview & Q&A sessions are scheduled across Michigan Medicine. They include:
- April 24: Noon – 1:30 p.m., NCRC Research Auditorium
- May 1: 9 a.m. – 10:30 a.m., virtual session using BlueJeans Primetime
- May 17: 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., Ford Auditorium
- June 10: Noon – 1:30 p.m., Ford Auditorium
The Organizational Learning team continues to strive to provide resources that will facilitate productive and effective performance conversations that help employees grow and advance. Thank you for your partnership and feedback throughout the evaluation process!