Workshop: Intercultural awareness
There are many different ways culture influences behavior.
This session explores how culture affects interactions with others, how assumptions may be flawed and ways to navigate cultural differences.
- Identify tips for navigating cultural differences
You will benefit by:
- Understanding aspects of culture and intercultural awareness
- Having an increased awareness of how culture influences behavior and perceptions
Anyone who would like to learn how to be more sensitive to the issues that people from other cultures face at U-M.
- Tina Jordan, project manager, Department of Organizational Learning
- Kati Bauer, senior counselor to the vice provost for academic innovation
Date: Monday, March 18
Time: 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. (Breakfast provided)
Location: BSRB Seminar Rooms, first floor
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development, but is open to all Michigan Medicine Faculty and Staff. Questions? Contact Jordan Wright at email@example.com.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop, or have questions about accessibility, please contact Jordan Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-764-2574. Please also let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the University to arrange so letting us know at least 2 weeks in advance is much appreciated.