Severe weather expected Tuesday and Wednesday
Currently, Ann Arbor and surrounding areas are expecting snow, freezing rain and ice accumulation Monday evening through Tuesday morning, resulting in potentially hazardous road conditions for the Tuesday commute to work. Despite the severe weather, Michigan Medicine will remain open and continue all operations as usual.
As employee and patient safety remain a high priority during continued operations, it is recommended that all faculty and staff evaluate weather conditions Tuesday morning. If safe travel is a concern, non-essential to operations staff should check with their manager or supervisor to see if a delayed arrival or working from home would be appropriate. If the weather forecast changes or becomes more severe, managers/supervisors should plan to reach out to staff with further guidance on attendance as soon as possible.
Weather conditions will continue to be monitored over the next 48 hours and more information will be shared as available. Thank you for your continued dedication and commitment to our patients during these very challenging weather conditions.