Plan ahead: Upcoming project expected to impact traffic, pedestrians near academic medical center
January 25, 2019 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a maintenance project scheduled for Tuesday, Jan. 29 is expected to cause some road and sidewalk impacts near the academic medical center.
Plan ahead if you will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- A new chiller is scheduled to be installed at Victor Vaughan, between approximately 7 a.m. and 9 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 29.
- The project is expected to use a segment of the northbound lane of W. Medical Center Drive at Catherine
- There will be temporary impacts to the bus stop (click here for transit alerts)
- Two-way traffic will be maintained with flaggers
- The sidewalk along Catherine will likely be impacted by a forklift while delivering the chiller and other parts
- The forklift will be accompanied by an escort to assist with pedestrian movements