PreventT2 diabetes prevention program starts in January!
The winter session of PreventT2, the diabetes prevention program, begins with an orientation session on Monday, Jan. 7.
If you have prediabetes or are at risk for developing type 2 diabetes, this year-long program can help cut your risk in half.
What is PreventT2?
PreventT2 is part of the Center for Disease Control’s National Diabetes Prevention Program, an evidenced-based approach that helps lower risk for diabetes through intensive lifestyle change.
In this year-long program, you will:
- Learn how foods, physical activity, weight and stress affect blood sugar,
- Work toward moderate weight loss,
- Learn balanced meal planning,
- Increase your physical activity,
- Discuss stress management techniques,
- Learn how to handle holidays, vacations and social occasions,
- And more!
PreventT2 meets weekly during the first six months, then once or twice a month for the remainder of the year. Each session is led by a registered dietitian and certified diabetes educator.
You are eligible for the program if you meet both of these requirements:
- Lab results showing A1C of 5.7-6.4% in the last year.
- BMI of 25 or higher (23 or higher if Asian).
How to join
Attendance to the FREE orientation session is required for enrollment.
At the orientation session, you will:
- Hear more details about what you will be doing in the year-long program,
- Learn more about eligibility, insurance coverage and fees,
- Find out about times and locations,
- Complete enrollment forms if you decide to join. Attendance to the orientation session does not obligate you to join.
This is a covered benefit for eligible members of BCN UM Premier Care. For all other insurance plans, an out-of-pocket fee may apply.
The orientation session is Monday, Jan. 7 from 6-7 p.m. at Domino’s Farms. Enter through Lobby C and follow the signs to the meeting. Due to limited space, an RSVP is required.