Plan ahead: Holiday parking and transit schedules
Please be advised that there will be temporary parking and bus schedules in place over the next few weeks around the medical campus.
The following information will help you to plan ahead when parking your car or getting around. These changes will be in place between 5 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 21 and 6 a.m. on Wednesday, Jan. 2:
- Permits will be required in the P1, P2, P3, P4 and P5 parking structures and M95 (Arbor Heights) surface lot.
- These parking areas will be enforced throughout the holiday season.
- Special signed spaces (gold, accessible, service, business and commercial vehicle parking) will also require appropriate permits and remain enforced at all times.
- Permits are not required in all other U-M parking lots and structures. Recommended “free” parking options include:
- Parking structures: Glen, Catherine, Ann, Wall St., Fletcher and Palmer
- Surface lots: M27, M28, M29, M34, M50, M65, M66, M76, M87, M71* and Fuller Pool* (*U-M hours)
- Medical campus afternoon or night shift staff who cannot be accommodated by the Wall St. Express bus service can park in P2.
- Staff must exit via a patient/visitor lane and show their yellow or orange parking permit to the attendant for a free exit.
Patient and visitor parking
Patient and visitor parking will continue in P1, P2, P3, P4 and P5 throughout the holiday season, except on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1, when parking will be free.
Patient and visitors may also park at the Fletcher and Palmer structures for free throughout the holiday season (Dec. 24 through Jan. 1).
Reduced transit services will be in effect during the holiday season. This reduction includes:
- The Commuter, Crisler Express, Med Express, Wall St. routes, North East Shuttle and EAA Employee Parking Shuttle will run normal service through Friday, Dec. 21.
- There will be no U-M bus service on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1. The EAA Employee Parking Shuttle and late night Blue Car service will not operate between Dec. 24 and Jan. 1.
- A special holiday Wall St. Express bus route will serve the free parking area along Wall St. on Dec. 24, Dec. 26-28 and Dec. 31, from 6:15 a.m. – 8 p.m. daily. (See schedules for holiday Wall St. Express and winter break Northwood routes).
- Ride Home (734-647-8000, option No. 2) or Emergency Ride Home (call the Division of Public Safety and Security at 734-763-1131) options can be arranged if needed during the holiday season. More information on these services can be found here.
Refer to the medical campus holiday parking brochure above or click here for other free parking options and routes operating during the holiday season.
Please share with your colleagues and team members who will be working during the holiday season.
Thank you for your cooperation — and happy holidays!
The U-M parking offices (523 S. Division St. and UH South) will be closed beginning Dec. 22 and will reopen at 7:30 a.m. on Jan. 2.