You’re invited: Veterans Week events at U-M
U-M is proud to offer a week of events that educate and celebrate the experiences and sacrifices of those who have served this country.
All events — which will take place next week — are free and open to the entire university community and to the general public. The only exception is the staff/faculty/student military and veteran appreciation lunch, which is only open to former and current members of the U.S. military working or studying at U-M and invited guests (RSVP is required).
Plan to attend as many of the following events as you can!
Monday, Nov. 5
- Vietnam panel: 10 a.m. – noon, Michigan League, Koessler Room
- Student panel: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Michigan League, Koessler Room
- Stories of Service: 7 p.m. (doors open at 6:30 p.m.), Hill Auditorium
Tuesday, Nov. 6
- MSPAN event: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m., Pierpont, Boulevard Room
- Support Services for Mental Health Seeking Post-9/11 Veterans: Noon – 1 p.m., Pierpont, Boulevard Room
- Post Traumatic Growth: New Narratives: 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., Pierpont, Boulevard Room
- Support for Military Families: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., Pierpont, Boulevard Room
Wednesday, Nov. 7
- Veterans of Color Focusing on Arab Americans: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Hatcher Graduate Library, Gallery Room
- Korea/WWII panel: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., Palmer Commons, Great Lakes North
- Almost Sunrise movie: 4 p.m., Ford School of Public Policy
Thursday, Nov. 8
- LGBT Panel: 10 a.m. – noon, Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
- Therapy and Service Dogs: Noon – 1 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
- Women in the Military: 1 p.m. – 3 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
- Post-9/11 and Military Service: 3 p.m. – 5 p.m., Michigan League, Kalamazoo Room
- The Role of Aviation in Coast Guard Operations: 6 p.m., FXB Building, North Campus, Room 1008
Friday, Nov. 9
- ROTC Flag Raising: 8 a.m., Law Quad flagpole, Central Campus
- Appreciation lunch: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Michigan League ballroom
- ROTC: Current and Future Service: 2 p.m. – 3 p.m., Michigan League, Michigan Room
- ROTC Flag Lowering: 5 p.m., Law Quad flagpole, Central Campus
- VETx: Student Veteran Storytelling: 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m., Ross School of Business, Robertson Auditorium
For more information on all Veterans Week events, click here.