You’re invited: Evan Newport HOPE & JOY Awards
All Michigan Medicine employees are invited to attend the annual Evan Newport HOPE & JOY Awards Ceremony, which will be held on Wednesday, Dec. 12 from 2 p.m. – 3 p.m. in Ford Auditorium.
The program honors individuals, teams and patient/family advisors doing exceptional work to improve the patient and family experience, and create and sustain patient and family centered care practices throughout Michigan Medicine.
The award is named in memory of Evan Newport, a Mott patient whose family wanted to honor Evan’s legacy by acknowledging those who work hand-in-hand with patients and families every day. More about Evan’s story can be found on the UofMHealth Blog.
Please congratulate the 2018 HOPE Award Finalists! Winners will be announced at the ceremony on Dec. 12.
Individual finalists: Children’s, women’s and psychiatry services
- Leigh Baguley, R.N., UMH 9C psychiatry
- Haley Crissman, M.D., M.P.H., House Officer, OB/GYN
- Paula Crosby-Flake, unit host, Mott 7E
- Austin Michalski, R.D.N., CNSC, C&W Nutrition Services
- Shannan Shaw, PFCC coordinator, Mott Congenital Heart Center
Individual finalists: Adult services
- Kathy Kasperski, R.N., 5D surgical intensive care unit
- Sandra Kendziora, R.N., nursing supervisor, 6B
- Rafina Khateeb, M.D., M.B.A., SFHM, faculty hospitalist/director for clinical strategy, Division of Hospital Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine
- Gregory Lambert, M.A., administrative manager, Entrance Services
- Ella Sandefur, unit host, 6C
Team finalists: Children’s, women’s and psychiatry services
- Child & Family Life Department
- Congenital Heart Center Neurodevelopmental Care Initiative Team
- Interdisciplinary Pediatric Feeding Program
- Pediatric Urology Department
Team finalists: Adult services
- Advocates for Cardiac Rehabilitation, Group Orientation
- Emergency Critical Care Center (EC3) leadership team
- Office of Medical Student Education
- Patient Safety Event Team
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.