Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures around Ann Arbor
Please be advised that a number of special events and construction projects are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Due to the Michigan home football game, temporary road closures of South Main St. between Pauline and W. Stadium Blvd. are scheduled for Saturday.
- Northbound lanes will close beginning at 1 p.m, while all lanes of South Main St. will close at 3 p.m. and reopen when the game concludes.
- Following the game, all lanes of Main St./Ann Arbor-Saline Road from the stadium to I-94 will be converted to one way southbound for roughly 90 minutes or until game traffic subsides.
- Beginning Monday, Nov. 26, South State St. from Granger to Oakbrook is scheduled to be closed for installation of a duct bank.
- The project is expected to end by Friday, Feb. 1, 2019.
- Southbound South State St. will be detoured south on Packard Street, west on East Stadium Boulevard, south on South Industrial Highway, west on Stimson Street and back to South State St.
- Northbound South State St. will be detoured east on East Eisenhower Parkway,? north on South Industrial Parkway, east on East Stadium Boulevard, north on Packard Street, and back to South State St.
- Southbound traffic will be maintained between Stimson Street and East Eisenhower Boulevard. Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on both sides of the road.
- From 5 a.m. until noon on Thursday, Nov. 22, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Turkey Trot:
- Liberty from S. Fifth to Main
- Main from Washington to Keech
- Keech from Main to Greene
- Greene from Keech to Hoover
- Hoover from Main to Mary Street
- Mary Street? from Hoover to Benjamin
- Benjamin from Mary Street to Sybil
- Sybil from Benjamin to Hoover
- Division from Hoover to Hill
- Hill from Division to Brown Street
- Brown Street from Hill to Davis
- Davis from Brown to Greene