MiChart upgrade coming Oct. 27
The upgrade to Epic’s version 2018 for MiChart, Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record, is scheduled for Saturday, Oct. 27, beginning at 1:30 a.m.
The version upgrade is part of the organization’s commitment to stay current and improve clinical efficiency. No additional MiChart modules are going live on this date; however, the upgrade will enable some significant enhancements including:
- Improved Release of Patient Information (ROI) workflows for HIM and Radiology
- An inpatient “Nursing Hub” for better shift planning and documentation efficiency
- Ambulatory “Visit Taskbar,” including an always visible ordering shopping cart
- Discrete patient goal documentation for home health clinicians
- Better support for patient preferred name and gender identity within MiChart and the patient portal.
To ensure that MiChart users are familiar with the changes to the system, everyone is asked to complete the Upgrade eLearning within the MLearning portal prior to the Go-Live.
Training for all roles is tracked by individual unit/area level leadership. To access the Upgrade Tip Sheets, visit the Upgrade Training Resources webpage.
Lockdown prior to downtime
Please be advised that the system is currently locked down and the following workflow limitations are in place:
- Filters cannot be edited or applied in Chart Review, Charge Review and Billing Work queues.
- SmartLinks and SmartPhrases cannot be created or edited.
- Dashboards cannot be personalized.
- Notewriter Macros cannot be created, edited or shared.
- Notes activity cannot be moved to a floating window (or sidebar), nor can you set other note preferences.
- Quick Actions cannot be created or edited.
- Pools in the ‘Pools and People I Manage’ activity cannot be updated.
For more information, see the tip sheet: Workflow Limitations: Transparent Upgrade Lockdown.