The Diabetes Prevention Program is starting soon!
If you have prediabetes, find out how you can reverse it at one of the upcoming PreventT2 orientation sessions.
PreventT2 is the Diabetes Prevention Program at Michigan Medicine. Throughout this year-long program, you will:
- Understand how foods affect blood sugar and insulin resistance.
- Learn balanced meal planning, share recipes and cooking tips, hear ideas for saving time and money in the kitchen, and develop new habits to prepare healthier foods more often.
- Increase and maintain physical activity.
- Achieve a moderate amount of weight loss.
- Maintain your motivation with the support of your teammates.
- Learn how to cut your risk for diabetes in half.
Each session is led by a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified diabetes educator to provide you with proven information.
This year-long program meets weekly for the first six months, then one to two times a month for the remainder of the year.
You are eligible for the program if you meet both of these requirements:
- Lab results showing A1C of 5.7-6.4% in the last year.
- BMI of 25 or higher (23 or higher if you are Asian).
This is a covered benefit for eligible members of BCN U-M Premier Care or Medicare Parts A and B.
For all other insurance plans including Medicare Advantage, an out-of-pocket fee will apply.
Attendance to one of the following orientation sessions is required for enrollment.
- Monday, Sept. 17, 6-7 p.m. at Domino’s Farms.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 6-7 p.m. at Wolverine Tower
Enrollment forms will be distributed at the end of the orientation session.
Space fills up fast! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-998-2475 (select option 1) to reserve your space today.