Reminder: Treat yourself at tomorrow’s Ice Cream Social!
Tomorrow, Michigan Medicine will give faculty and staff the perfect chance to treat themselves at the annual employee appreciation event!
The event, also known as the Ice Cream Social, will be held on Wednesday, Aug. 8. This year’s theme — “Treat Yourself!” — is all about recognizing the importance of wellness and well-being for the stars at Michigan Medicine, YOU!
For instance, five-minute massages? Treat yourself!
Quick Zumba and fitness classes out on the lawn? Treat yourself!
MHealthy cooking demonstrations? Treat yourself!
Professional development opportunities? Treat yourself!
And, of course, delicious ice cream? Treat yourself! Flavors will include butter pecan, vanilla, chocolate, strawberry and wild berry sorbet.
While you enjoy all the activities, departments and vendors will have tables set up with information and giveaways. There will also be a raffle for themed gift baskets donated by vendors and departments as a token of their appreciation. All faculty and staff of Michigan Medicine are eligible to enter by clicking here. All winners will be contacted the week of Aug. 20.
While looking out for the well-being of employees, the event will also focus on the well-being of the surrounding environment. For the first time, it will be considered a Zero Waste Event and utilize tools and instruments that are easy to recycle or biodegrade.
Michigan Medicine succeeds because of you. Be sure to take some time to celebrate and treat yourself — you deserve it!
Ice Cream Social event times and locations:
- 5 a.m. to 7 a.m. in the UH Cafeteria
- 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Hospital and Medical School courtyards (Please note that location may change in case of severe weather).
- 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. in the Hospital courtyard (Please note that location may change in case of severe weather).
Entertainment and special activities:
Shift 1: 5-7 a.m.
- 6 a.m.-6:15 a.m.: Financial wellness event led by by the U-M Credit Union
- 6:30 a.m. – 6:45 a.m.: Healthy chef demo, Aramark
Shift 2: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- 11 a.m.-1 p.m.: Chair massages
- 11:30-11:45 a.m.: Healthy chef demo, Aramark
- Noon-12:15 p.m.: Zumba class, MHealthy instructors
- 12:15-12:30: Urban line dancing, MHealthy instructors
- 12:30-12:45: Healthy chef demo, Aramark
- 12:30-12:45: Yoga class, MHealthy instructors
- 12:45-1: Meditation, MHealthy instructors
- 1-1:15: Financial wellness event, U-M Credit Union
- 1:30-1:45: Healthy chef demo, Aramark
Shift 3: 5-7 p.m.
- 5:30 p.m. – 5:45 a.m.: Healthy chef demo, Aramark
- 6-6:15 p.m.: Financial wellness event, U-M Credit Union