Plan ahead: High school football at Michigan Stadium
Please be advised that a number of high school football games are scheduled to be held at Michigan Stadium over the next few days.
While parking in university lots will not be available to attendees until 5 p.m. each day (the end of enforcement hours), please plan ahead and expect an increase in traffic — both vehicular and pedestrian — if you will be traveling or parking in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Stadium gates open at 2:30 p.m. on Thursday and Friday and at noon on Saturday (Gates 1 and 2 are the only ones open for this event).
- Fans are being directed to park at Pioneer High School for earlier arrivals.
- Attendants will be on duty at 1 p.m. to assist with parking in SC7 (buses, game personnel, etc.) and also to unbag the accessible spaces in Lot SC6 as U-M permitted vehicles leave at the end of the day. The accessible spaces will be used for parkers with state-issued disability permits/license plates after 5 p.m. on the weekdays and all day on Saturday.
- Parking permits in lots SC4, SC5, SC6 and SC7 will also be sold as most fans will be able to be accommodated there.
- Lots north of the stadium will likely be used on Friday night, as Pioneer High School will be unavailable for that game.
The game schedule is as follows:
Thursday, Aug. 23: Warren Mott vs. Ann Arbor Skyline, 3:30 p.m.; Lapeer vs. Lake Orion, 7 p.m.
Friday, Aug. 24: Livonia Stevenson vs. Plymouth, 3:30 p.m.; Grandville vs. Clarkston, 7 p.m.
Saturday, Aug. 25: Lakeland vs. Walled Lake Central, 1 p.m.; Dearborn Fordson vs. Howell, 4:30 p.m.