Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming special events, construction projects
Please be advised that upcoming special events and maintenance projects are expected to cause road closures and travel disruptions in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From noon on Friday, Aug. 3 until midnight on Sunday, Aug. 5, Catherine between Fourth and Main Street is scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Pride Celebration event.
- An upcoming maintenance project is scheduled to begin next week on Nichols Dr. near the academic medical center.
- The work is scheduled to begin on Monday, Aug. 6 and be completed by Friday, Aug. 31.
- The project is expected to require the closure of a number of valet parking spaces along Nichols Dr.
- There is also expected to be a traffic lane shift, with two-way traffic maintained by a flagperson
- Actual construction activity would occur Monday-Saturday, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
- From 1 p.m. until 11 p.m. on Monday, Aug. 13, the following streets will be closed for the UA Block Party and Plumbers & Pipefitters 5K events:
- South Main Street between William and Huron streets
- Liberty and Washington streets between S. Ashley Street and S. Fourth Avenue
- Specifically for the 5K, the following closures will be made from 6 p.m. until 8 p.m.
- Extend Liberty closure from S. Main Street to State Street
- State Street between North University and Washington
- North University from State Street to Fletcher (northern/westbound lanes)
- Fletcher from North University to Washington (western/northern sidewalk)
- Washington Street (southern/eastbound lanes)?