Michigan Medicine recognized for its commitment to diversity, inclusion
Michigan Medicine was recently honored for its commitment to diversity and inclusion! Blackdoctor.org — a health and wellness online destination for African Americans — listed the organization among its 2018 Top Hospitals for Diversity.
Each hospital on the list was recognized for delivering quality care at the highest level while promoting equity and inclusion in its operations, programs, services and staffing.
“Being named to this list is a wonderful honor, in that it reflects both Michigan Medicine and OHEI’s goal of creating an atmosphere where everyone feels valued and can thrive,” said David J. Brown, associate vice president and associate dean for health equity and inclusion. “We are on a journey to make Michigan Medicine a more diverse, equitable and inclusive environment for all individuals that learn, work and receive care here. I am thrilled that our efforts are being recognized at a national level.”
Among the areas assessed by blackdoctor.org were:
- Recognition of the institution among and by other leading hospitals
- An organization’s commitment to the American Hospital Association’s Equity of Care Pledge
- Proven delivery of quality health care services
- Inclusive and diverse clinical and administrative staff
- Persons of color and women represented at the highest levels-including the board of directors and senior-level executives
- Culturally competent medical and professional staff
- Significant investment and profile in community health programs and initiatives
To see a full list of honorees or to learn more, click here.