Help celebrate Turner Senior Resource Center’s 20th anniversary!
All Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are invited to celebrate the Turner Senior Resource Center’s 20th anniversary next month!
Join patients, families and colleagues for a full week of festivities.
The following events are free, but you should RSVP to ensure you have a spot by calling 734-998-9353.
Tuesday, Sept. 11: Arts & eats
- Get guided tours of Gallery 55+ at 11:30 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- 10 a.m.: Risotto and veggie carving demonstration from Chef Adam of StoryPoint
- Noon: Philly cheesesteak cooking demonstration by Chef Mark from Hillside Terrace
- 3 p.m.: Taste of Mexico with Chef Allie from Atria
Wednesday, Sept. 12: Aging well health lectures
- 10 a.m.: Michigan’s Longitudinal Health and Retirement Study: Lessons Learned about Dementia Risk with Dr. Langa
- 3 p.m.: “With mirth and laughter let old wrinkles come”: Aging Well with the Cards You’ve Been Dealt with Dr. Amanda Leggett
Thursday, Sept. 13: Rec & tech
- 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.: Technology mentors will be available for free consultation. Bring questions about your computer, tablet or phone.
- 10 a.m. – noon: Mah-jongg tournament
- 1 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Chess tournament
- 12:30 p.m. – 4 p.m.: Bridge tournament
Friday, Sept. 14: Move your body and celebrate
- Partake in an open house all day to learn about the programs housed in the building. Live music will be provided at 11:30 a.m. by Pat Grimes, at 1 p.m. by Donna Baird, and at 2 p.m. by Valiant Voices.
- 10 a.m. – 10:50 a.m.: Posture, Balance & Strength Sampler
- 12:30 p.m. – 1 p.m.: Walking Off the Pounds
- 1:10 p.m. – 2:10 p.m.: Enhanced Fitness
- 2:30 p.m.: Cake cutting and remarks
- 3:30 p.m. – 5:30 p.m.: Silver Club open house
The Turner Resource Center is located at 2401 Plymouth Rd., Suite C. For more information, click here.