Faculty, staff, students, allies invited to join LGBTQ+ resource group
The Office for Health Equity and Inclusion (OHEI) is launching an LGBTQ+ resource group for any Michigan Medicine LGBTQ+ staff, faculty, students, friends and allies.
The first meeting will be held this Monday, Aug. 20 from 4-5:30 p.m. in the Frankel Cardiovascular Center’s Danto Auditorium. Individuals may come and go as their schedule allows and no registration is necessary.
The new resource group will help provide a mechanism for feedback to Michigan Medicine leadership on how to foster inclusion and collaboration.
The group is a voluntary, member-led group that catalyzes efforts to drive innovation and make the Michigan Medicine workplace culture more inclusive, engaged, productive and aligned to support strategic goals.
Members of the group may be tasked with:
- Increasing awareness and knowledge among Michigan Medicine leadership regarding issues that influence staff, faculty, trainee and/or student work experience.
- Providing insights into how the organization can increase cultural awareness and sensitivity for each other and the populations served at Michigan Medicine.
- Providing a forum for diverse perspectives and suggestions for organizational improvement to be heard.
- Submitting suggestions for organizational improvement to leadership for consideration.
- Serving as a champion of diversity/inclusion, engagement, and climate improvement efforts throughout Michigan Medicine.