Expect delays: Upcoming road closures
August 30, 2018 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that upcoming construction and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, the intersection of South Seventh Street and Washington Street is scheduled to be closed to southbound traffic.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured at Huron Street eastbound to southbound South First Street to westbound West Liberty Street.
- Northbound traffic will alternate to the southbound lane through the Washington Street intersection.
- Washington Street between Crest Avenue and South Seventh Street is scheduled to be closed to thru traffic, though local access to side streets and driveways will remain.
- Vehicles will not be able to enter West Washington Street from South Seventh Street.
- From noon until 7:30 p.m. on Sunday, Sept. 2, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Dancing in the Streets special event:
- South Main St. between Huron and Liberty
- Washington St. between South Ashley and South Fourth
- From 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. daily between Tuesday, Sept. 4 and Friday, Sept. 14, southbound Huron Parkway between Plymouth and Nixon will be closed for utility work.
- Southbound traffic will be detoured south on Nixon Road, then east on Plymouth Road and back to Huron Parkway.
- Northbound traffic and local access to businesses will be maintained.