Diabetes prevention program starting soon
PreventT2 is the Diabetes Prevention Program at Michigan Medicine. Throughout this year-long program, you will:
- Understand how foods affect blood sugar and insulin resistance.
- Learn balanced meal planning, share recipes and cooking tips, hear ideas for saving time and money in the kitchen, and develop new habits to prepare healthier foods more often.
- Increase and maintain physical activity.
- Achieve a moderate amount of weight loss.
- Maintain your motivation with the support of your teammates.
- Learn how to cut your risk for diabetes in half.
Each session is led by a registered dietitian nutritionist and certified diabetes educator to provide you with proven information.
This year-long program meets weekly for the first six months, then one to two times a month for the remainder of the year.
You are eligible for the program if you meet both of these requirements:
- Lab results showing A1C of 5.7-6.4% in the last year.
- BMI of 25 or higher (23 or higher if you are Asian).
This is a covered benefit for eligible members of BCN U-M Premier Care or Medicare Parts A and B.
For all other insurance plans including Medicare Advantage, an out-of-pocket fee will apply.
Attendance to one of the following orientation sessions is required for enrollment.
- Monday, Sept. 17, 6-7 p.m. at Domino’s Farms.
- Tuesday, Sept. 18, 6-7 p.m. at Wolverine Tower
Enrollment forms will be distributed at the end of the orientation session.
Space fills up fast! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 734-998-2475 (select option 1) to reserve your space today.