Plan ahead: Repair work scheduled for P4 parking structure
July 24, 2018 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a project to complete critical concrete repairs in the P4 parking structure is scheduled to begin on Saturday, July 28.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The work will take place primarily in the northeast corner of level G and involves concrete slab and beam repairs as well as repairs to the north entrance drives and ramp.
- Work in patient/visitor parking will be done in two phases, closing approximately 50 spaces during phase I for approximately four weeks. Phase II of the work will involve repairs in the middle of the east row of level G, with approximately 30 spaces closed for a shorter duration.
- These repairs will be completed during daytime hours, extending into the evenings. Monitors will assist with directing patient/visitor traffic.
- During the project, the northeast stair tower on level G will remain open to the outdoors only. It will be closed to access inside the structure for safety reasons. The other stair and elevator towers will remain fully accessible and open.
- Lot M52 will be closed for project staging.
- Work in the north drives and ramp will occur on weekends, closing only one entrance at a time. Repairs on the roof will occur during evenings with traffic topping work occurring over long weekends (5 p.m. Friday through 5 a.m. Monday).
The entire project is scheduled for completion by Aug. 31, weather permitting.