Plan ahead: International Champions Cup to impact parking in area
Please be advised that U-M is set to host the International Champions Cup soccer game (Manchester United vs. Liverpool) at Michigan Stadium at 5 p.m. on Saturday, July 28.
All the lots near the stadium will be controlled for game attendees, with most of the lots being pre-sold.
This will be treated very much like a home football game. As such, Logistics, Transportation & Parking and the Athletic Department ask for your assistance as they work to provide parking for game attendees.
To assist in this endeavor, ALL vehicles (personal and university-owned) must be parked at off-site locations away from the Michigan Stadium area by 11 p.m. on Friday, July 27.
Any vehicles left in the ?following lots after 11 p.m. will be subject to towing:
- SC2: Blue lot between Keech St. & Hoover St.
- SC3: Service Center at Admin. Services Building
- SC4: Yellow lot on Kipke Dr.
- SC5: Yellow lot on Kipke Dr.
- SC6: Orange lot west of Kipke Dr.
- SC7: Orange lot east of Kipke Dr.
- SC9: Yellow (Coliseum) lot on Hill St. at Division St.
- SC11: U-M Business Vehicle lot on Hoover St. at the Physical Properties Building
- SC12: Blue lot on Greene St.
- SC13: Blue lot on Greene St.
- SC14: Blue lot on Hoover St. at Greene St.
- SC16: Yellow lot east of Kipke Dr.
- SC32: Visitor lot on Greene St.
- SC35: Yellow lot between Keech St. and Hoover St.
- SC36: Orange lot on Keech St. at Main St.*
- SC37: Blue lot on Hoover St. at Revelli Hall
- SC38: Yellow lot on Division St. and Hill St.
- SC41: Orange lot on Hoover St.
*— the eastern half (cemented area) of SC36 will be closed to parkers between 5 p.m. on Thursday, July 26 and Sunday, July 29.
Employees working on Saturday before, during and after the soccer game should anticipate roadway closures in the area as would be typical for a football game.
Please also note that on Friday, July 27, a practice will be held at 3 p.m. with stadium gates opening at 2 p.m. Traffic may be heavier than usual and game attendees will be directed to SC7 parking (with overflow at Ann Arbor Pioneer High School).