Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
July 27, 2018 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised than upcoming special events and maintenance projects are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Click here for details of road or parking lot closures for the International Champions Cup on Saturday, July 28.
- From 5:30 a.m. until 10 a.m. on Sunday, July 29, the following streets are expected to be closed for the Electric Bolt special event:
- Wall St. between Canal and Maiden Lane Ct.
- Canal St. between Wall and Maiden Lane Ct.
- Longshore Dr. from Barton Drive to the Argo Park entrance
- Argo Dr. at Longshore Dr.
- Indianola at Longshore Dr.
- Amherst at Longshore Dr.
- Northern lanes of Beakes from East Summit to Fourth Ave.
- Fourth Ave. from Beakes to the Farmer’s Market
- Kingsley between North Main and Fifth St.
- From 6 a.m. until midnight on Sunday, July 29, Washington St. between Fletcher and Thayer is scheduled to be closed for the NTI Opening Ceremony.
- A maintenance project is scheduled to begin next week on Nichols Dr. near the academic medical center:
- The work is anticipated to begin on Monday, July 30 and be completed by Friday, Aug. 24.
- The project will likely require the closure of a number of valet parking spaces along Nichols Dr.
- There is also expected to be a traffic lane shift, with two-way traffic maintained by a flagperson
- Actual construction activity would occur Monday-Saturday, from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. each day.
- From noon until midnight on Wednesday, Aug. 1, South Main St. from William to Liberty is scheduled to be closed for the NTI Block Party.