Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road closures
Please be advised that a number of upcoming construction projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From 3 p.m. until 8 p.m. today, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Mile:
- State Street between Monroe and Washington.
- Monroe Street between State and Tappan.
- Tappan between Monroe and South University.
- South University between Tappan and State.
- Liberty between Maynard and State.
- North University between State and Thayer.
- Beginning today and lasting through Thursday, Aug. 16, eastbound Scio Church Road traffic is scheduled to be detoured North on Seventh Street, east on West Stadium Boulevard and south on South Main Street.
- One lane of Scio Church Road will be maintained for westbound traffic at all times.
- From 9 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Tuesday, July 17, North Fifth Avenue is expected to be closed between Ann and Huron streets.
- Traffic will be detoured west on Ann Street, south on Fourth Avenue, east on East Huron Street and back to Fifth Avenue.
- From Wednesday, July 18 until Sunday, July 22, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Art Fairs:
- Liberty Street from South Ashley to South State Street. Ashley Street, Fourth Avenue, Fifth Avenue and Division Street will remain open to through traffic.
- North University from Fletcher to South State Street.
- Thayer Street from North University (including the intersection) to East Washington
- East Washington from South State Street to Fletcher.
- South Main Street from the south side of Huron Street to the north side of William Street; Huron, Washington and William streets will remain open to traffic.
- South State Street from East Washington to Madison.
- South University from State to South Forest.
- East University from South University to Willard Street.
- Church Street from Willard Street to the entrance of the U-M Church Street parking structure.
- Maynard Street from Liberty Street to Jefferson.
- Jefferson from Maynard to Thompson.
- William Street from State Street to Thompson.
- Thompson from Liberty Street to the parking structure entrance/exit.
- From 6 a.m. on Friday, July 27 until 2 a.m. on Saturday, July 28, the following streets are expected to close for the ICC Championship Street Festival:
- South Main from East William to Huron.
- East and West Liberty from South Ashley to South Fourth.
- East and West Washington from South Ashley to the alley before the parking structure, leaving it fully accessible.