MiChart upgrade coming in October
New functionality and enhancements will be made this fall to Michigan Medicine’s Electronic Health Record, MiChart, as part of the organization’s commitment to stay current and improve efficiency.
The latest upgrade for MiChart is planned for Oct. 27. It will affect all MiChart users, requiring each user to complete an eLearning module to prepare for the upcoming changes.
No additional MiChart modules are going live this fall; however, the latest version of MiChart will enable some significant enhancements. These include:
- Improved Release of Patient Information workflows for Health Information Management and Radiology
- An inpatient “Nursing Hub” for better shift planning and documentation efficiency
- Ambulatory “Visit Taskbar,” including an always visible ordering shopping cart
- Discrete patient goal documentation for home health clinicians
- Better support for patient preferred name and gender identity within MiChart and the patient portal.
A practice environment with the changes in the October upgrade will be available to all MiChart users as of Monday, Aug. 6 through Virtual Places. This will allow users a chance to experience the changes prior to the go-live.
In addition, Change Impact Labs will be held the last two weeks in August. The purpose of these labs is to provide MiChart users hands-on access in a practice environment to assess the impact of changes in day-to-day workflows and new features.
For instance, the organization wants to know what MiChart users see as big wins, challenges or areas that might need extra clarification; this feedback will be used to help provide better communications and training materials. No sign up is required – please drop in!
Dates and times of the labs are as follows:
- Monday Aug. 20: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m., UH 2C 228
- Monday, Aug. 20: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Arbor Lakes
- Wednesday, Aug. 22: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., UH 2C 228
- Tuesday, Aug. 28: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Arbor Lakes
- Wednesday, Aug. 29: 11 a.m. – 8 p.m., UH 2C 228
- Thursday, Aug. 30: 6 a.m. – 2 p.m., UH 2C 228
Specific information on changes, new features, and training will be provided in the coming weeks. Watch for updates on the MiChart Upgrade webpage.