‘See Something Wrong…Say Something Right’ – the U-M Compliance Hotline
U-M, including Michigan Medicine, is committed to upholding the highest standards by acting with ethics and integrity each and every day and adhering to the rules and policies governing everyone’s work. The Michigan Medicine Corporate Compliance Office receives thousands of calls each year, both directly to the office and through the U-M Compliance Hotline.
Open and clear communication is essential to fulfilling the organization’s mission of excellence in research, education and patient care. Speaking up when you have a question or concern or when you see something wrong helps everyone get better at what they do. Everyone who works at Michigan Medicine is entitled to raise concerns to their leadership without fear of retaliation. However, the Hotline also provides an anonymous or confidential way to report your concerns.
The Compliance Hotline is both an online reporting tool and a toll-free phone number (1-866-990-0111). You can use the Hotline to report financial, regulatory, discrimination, employee safety, controlled substance abuse/diversion concerns, NCAA violations or anything that seems out of the ordinary or inconsistent with the university’s policies or ethical standards.
The Hotline is staffed by a third-party vendor offering:
- Independent, trained, multilingual interview specialists
- The option to report concerns anonymously (but if you do choose to report anonymously, please provide enough detail to allow for full review of your concern)
- 24/7 availability
Learn more about compliance and feedback:
- Michigan Medicine Corporate Compliance Office website
- UMHS Policy 01-04-005 Reporting Compliance Concerns
- Feedback is a Gift (See Compliance Training and Education webpage, Manager Tools, Posters, and Additional Resources)
- University of Michigan Compliance Resource Center
In case of emergency please contact 9-1-1 (police or fire) or 9-9-9 (employee or patient injury or emergency, security assistance).