Non-union staff election for Police Department Oversight Committee open through Friday
The election for the non-union staff representative for the U-M Police Department Oversight Committee is now underway through Friday, June 22. The candidates are:
- Rolfe Carlson, proposals and contracts supervisor, Institute of Social Research
- Jeffrey Stout, simulation engineer, Michigan Medicine
- Sierra Bulson, research analyst, Office of Development
- Andrea Poli, breaker space technician, School of Engineering
- Kim Rize, department administrator, general medicine
- Ann Vollano, assistant athletic director for compliance, athletics
Staff members in Ann Arbor who are not represented by a union are eligible to vote for one representative to the committee. Online voting is available now through 5 p.m. on June 22.
The six-member oversight committee is comprised of two student members, two faculty members (one Senate and one non-Senate faculty), and two staff members (one union and one non-union), who are nominated and elected by their peers for two-year terms.
The committee receives and makes recommendations regarding grievances against the U-M Police Department or any police officer deputized by the university.
To review the statements of the candidates and vote, click here. Voting more than once or for more than one candidate will result in disqualification.
For more information about the Police Department Oversight Committee, visit the committee website or contact Staff Human Resources at 734-763-2387.