Joint Commission wraps up Comprehensive Stroke Center visit
The organization’s two-day Comprehensive Stroke Center recertification survey with The Joint Commission concluded on June 13.
Stroke patients are cared for throughout the institution and every area had stellar engagement and performance during the survey.
The Joint Commission reviewers were incredibly impressed with the entire organization. A few of their comments included:
- Michigan Medicine displayed a really strong team dynamic.
- Strong program leadership was demonstrated throughout the visit.
- Excellent physician engagement was seen during the survey and it is evident that this continues on a day-to-day basis.
- The organizational leadership commitment to stroke program was readily apparent.
- Inpatient care knocked it out of the park! From nursing to therapists to technicians, the entire clinical team earned outstanding feedback.
- The surveyors were thrilled with post discharge care.
- Phenomenal county resource packets were provided by social work.
- Surveyors indicated that Michigan Medicine’s practices will be shared with smaller health centers to help them in their journey.
- The data session was deemed impressive, as data was used in efficient and amazing ways.
- The organization demonstrated its outstanding IT resources.
- Surveyors lauded ownership and accountability across all areas of the academic medical center.
The reviewers also shared best practices and information with the organization to help make patient care even stronger in the future. These practices will be put into motion in the months ahead.
Congratulations to everyone at Michigan Medicine for their amazing work and all they do to care for stroke patients!