Workshop: Recruiting to improve diversity and excellence
The U-M Medical School’s STRIDE committee provides information and advice about practices that will maximize the likelihood that diverse, well-qualified candidates for faculty, fellowship and residency positions will be identified, and — if selected for offers — recruited to the university.
The committee leads workshops for faculty and administrators involved in selection, recruitment and hiring. Much of the information is also relevant to retention and promotion of these individuals.
STRIDE training has:
- Involved dozens of senior faculty members from across campus
- A decade of reading the research and thinking about its application to faculty searches
- Michigan-specific best practices and successful approaches to effective searching
Please join this workshop that will assist those who wish to recruit and subsequently hire diverse, well-qualified candidates for faculty, fellowship and residency positions.
- Thursday, May 17: Noon – 1:30 p.m., VA Hospital Room A818
- Monday, July 16: 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., NCRC Building 10, South Atrium
- Monday, Sept. 10: Noon – 1:30 p.m., BSRB Seminar Rooms, first floor
- Wednesday, Nov. 14: 8 a.m. – 9:30 a.m., BSRB Seminar Rooms, first floor
Click here to register.
This workshop is hosted by the Office of Faculty Development, and is open to faculty only. Questions? Contact Jordan Wright at email@example.com.
If you are a person with a disability who requires an accommodation to attend this workshop, or have questions about accessibility, please contact Jordan Wright at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-764-2574. Please also let us know if you have any dietary restrictions or food allergies. Advance notice is necessary as some accommodations may require more time for the University to arrange so letting us know at least 2 weeks in advance is much appreciated.