Plan ahead and expected delays: Upcoming road work around Ann Arbor
Please be advised that a number of upcoming construction projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Kingsley St. between North Fourth Ave. and North Division St. is scheduled to be closed to traffic. It is expected to reopen at the end of the day Thursday, May 3.
- Daytime closures of North Fifth Ave., between Catherine and Beakes streets, is also scheduled between today and Thursday, May 3. Traffic will be detoured on Beakes St., North Fourth Ave., Ann St. and Division St.
- Between today and Saturday, Sept. 1, Pauline Blvd. between West Stadium and South Seventh St. is scheduled to be closed to through traffic.
- Westbound traffic will be directed south on Seventh St. and west on Stadium Blvd.
- Eastbound traffic will be directed north on Stadium Blvd., east on Liberty St. and south on Seventh St.
- Local access will be maintained.
- Between today and Tuesday, May 8, South Main St. between West Eisenhower Pkwy. and Ann Arbor Saline Rd. is expected to experience intermittent single-lane closures in both directions between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Two-way traffic will be maintained for the majority of the work, occasionally with the use of flagging operations.
- Between 9 a.m. on Saturday, May 5 and 2 a.m. on Sunday, May 6, Liberty between Thompson and Division is scheduled to be close for the Ann Arbor Cinco de Mayo event.
- From 7 a.m. until 11 a.m. on Sunday, May 6, the following roads are scheduled to be closed for the Burns Park Run special event:
- Baldwin Ave. from Wells St. to Cambridge Rd.
- Cambridge Rd. from Baldwin Ave. to Martin Place
- Martin Place from Cambridge Rd. to Wells St.
- Wells St. from Martin Place to Lincoln Ave.
- Lincoln Ave. from Wells St. to Cambridge Rd.
- Cambridge Rd. from Lincoln Ave. to South Forest Ave.
- South Forest Ave. from Cambridge Rd. to Granger Ave.
- Granger Ave. from South Forest Ave. to Baldwin Ave.
- Baldwin Ave. from Granger Ave. to Brooklyn Ave.
- Brooklyn Ave. from Baldwin Ave. to Lincoln Ave.
- Lincoln Ave. from Brooklyn Ave. to Shadford Rd.
- Shadford Rd. from Lincoln Ave. to Woodside Rd.
- Woodside Rd. from Shadford Rd. to Scottwood Ave.
- Scottwood Ave. from Woodside Rd. to Norway Rd.
- Norway Rd. from Scottwood Ave. to Ferdon Rd.
- Ferdon Rd. from Norway Rd. to Wells St.
- Wells St. from Ferdon Rd. to Baldwin Ave.
- Beginning Monday, May 7, traffic is expected to be reduced to one lane in each direction on South State St. between West Ellsworth and I-94, as well as Research Park Dr. from South State St. to approximately 600 feet east of that point.