Plan ahead and expect delays: Road closures around Ann Arbor
May 17, 2018 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that upcoming projects and special events are expected to cause road closures around Ann Arbor in the coming days.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- From today through 5 p.m. on Friday, May 25, South University between East University and Church is scheduled to be closed to traffic in both directions.
- Eastbound traffic will be detoured to southbound East University to eastbound Hill to northbound Church.
- Westbound traffic will be detoured to southbound Church to westbound Hill to northbound East University.
- Pedestrian traffic will be maintained on the south side of South University.
- From 3:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. on Sunday, May 20, the following streets are scheduled to be closed for the Ann Arbor Marathon:
- Eastern northbound lane of Main Street from Stadium to Hoover
- Hoover from Main to South State
- Division from Hoover to Hill
- Hill from Division to before South 5th Avenue
- South State from Hoover to Monroe
- Tappan from Monroe to South University
- South University from Tappan to East University
- Southern eastbound lane of North University from Fletcher to the pedestrian bridge
- Observatory from Washington Heights to Geddes
- Northern westbound lanes of Geddes from Observatory to Huron Parkway
- Northbound lanes of Huron Parkway between Geddes and East Huron River Drive
- Northern westbound lane of East Huron River Drive from South Huron Parkway to Dixboro Road
- Old Dixboro Road from Dixboro to Gallup Park
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Huron Parkway to Fuller Court
- Outer western southbound lane of Huron Parkway from Fuller Road to Geddes
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Court between Gallup Park and East Medical Center Drive
- Eastbound lane of Fuller Road from Fuller Court to East Medical Center Drive
- Northernmost westbound lane of East Medical Center Drive from Fuller Road to Nichols Drive to the entrance of the Arboretum
- Washington Heights between East Medical Center Drive and Observatory
- Between 9 a.m. on Monday, May 21 and p.m. on Saturday, May 26, Pontiac Trail between Moore and Bowen is scheduled to be closed to traffic for rail crossing work.
- Northbound traffic will be detoured on Plymouth Road at Moore to Barton Drive and back to Pontiac Trail
- Southbound traffic will be detoured south on Barton Drive and west on Plymouth Road.
- Pedestrian access will be maintained.