Nursing at Michigan Medicine: An all-star team
Every day, Michigan Medicine nurses hit it out of the park when it comes to providing ideal patient care.
In celebration of Nurses Week 2018 — which began yesterday — be sure to recognize and thank the nurses in your unit or department. Without their exceptional teamwork, patients, families and colleagues would not be on the receiving end of the world-class care and safety initiatives carried out at Michigan Medicine.
“Health care truly is a team effort and without our nurses, we would not be able to offer such high quality services to patients and families,” said David Spahlinger, M.D., president of the U-M Health System. “Their efforts are appreciated each and every day.”
To help support the professional development of its nurses, the Nurse Recruitment and Retention team is excited to announce a variety of educational opportunities open to all nurses:
- Dinner and pain lecture, “Pain Management 2020: The Times They Are A-Changing”: 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Thursday, June 14; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Dinner and human trafficking lecture: 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Thursday, June 21; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Detroit Tigers bus trip with pain lecture video: 9:30 a.m. – end of game, Sunday, July 29 (CE provided)
- Ambulatory care certification review course: 7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 25; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Shipshewana bus trip with pain lecture and human trafficking videos: 6 a.m. – 9 p.m., Wednesday, Sept. 19 (CE provided)
- Annual Nursing Poster Day: All day, Thursday, Sept. 20 (all faculty and staff invited to attend, no RSVP required)
- Review for perianesthesia certification, “Preparation for CPAN and CAPA exam”: 7 a.m. – 5 p.m., Saturday, Sept. 29; Danto Auditorium (CE provided)
- Dinner and “A nurse’s guide to preventing compassion fatigue, moral distress and burnout”: 5:30 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., Wednesday, Oct. 10; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Legal aspects of nursing documentation: 7:30 a.m. – 4 p.m., Friday, Nov. 16; Holiday Inn, 3600 Plymouth Rd., Ann Arbor (CE provided)
- Frankenmuth/Birch Run bus trip with pain lecture and human trafficking videos: 8 a.m. – 7:30 p.m., Wednesday, Nov. 28 (CE provided)
- Online certified emergency nurse exam review: Offered through Med-Ed eLearning
- Online ECG interpretation, “Rhythms and 12-Leads Review”: Offered through Med-Ed eLearning; nurses must register online.
- Unlimited online CE gift card
- Online certification review gift card
Nurses should register for these events by May 18. For more information, details on how to register or to ask questions, please call 734-936-5183 or click here.
Be sure to check out the photo gallery above to see hard-working members of the all-star Michigan Medicine nursing team!