Panels, quiz bowl, expo highlight Patient Experience Week
It’s Patient Experience Week at Michigan Medicine!
The Office of Patient Experience has planned a week of events designed to educate and energize faculty, staff, students, patients and families. Participants will have a chance to take part in a conversation about physician burnout, learn about the many departments that impact the patient experience, improve their communication with diverse patient populations and unwind and relax while painting a large mural.
The week culminates with a fun, interactive event — the first-ever Michigan Medicine Quiz Bowl, where people can participate individually or as part of a team in a trivia tournament. Winners will earn prizes!
“The first Patient Experience Expo in 2017 provided a wonderful opportunity to connect with colleagues across the health system and learn more about the amazing programs and teams dedicated to improving the patient experience,” said Molly White, administrative director of the Office of Patient Experience. “This year, the team has planned a variety of events, which will all provide fantastic chances to engage, learn and celebrate together.”
Indeed, many of the events bring together team members from a wide variety of Michigan Medicine units and departments.
“To see all these people come together in one place, it gives you a great perspective on how many services Michigan Medicine provides,” said Brittany Nix, a member of the Lift Team, who attended the expo last year. “Employees aren’t exposed to every department on a daily basis, so getting to know them in a setting like this will allow all of us to do our jobs better and help our patients in more meaningful ways.”
Here’s the list of events for the week:
- Physician Burnout and Well-Being Panel: 10 a.m. – 11 a.m., Monday, April 23, Ford Auditorium
- 2nd annual Patient Experience Expo: 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., Tuesday, April 24, Towsley Lobby
- After the enormous success of the inaugural expo, the Office of Patient Experience is hosting this year’s event in a larger location with more partners.
- Just Ask! diversity awareness events: 9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. – 3 p.m., Wednesday, April 25, UH Dining Rooms C&D
- In partnership with the Office for Health Equity and Inclusion, the event is designed to educate faculty and staff on how to communicate better with a diverse patient population.
- Help Paint a Mural: 9 a.m. – 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. – 4 p.m., Thursday, April 26, UH Cafe
- Hosted together with Gifts of Art, employees can enjoy a few minutes of fun and creativity in the midst of their busy day by helping paint a new mural for Michigan Medicine.
- Life Sciences Orchestra Ensembles Concert: 12:10 p.m. – 1 p.m., Thursday, April 26, UH Main Lobby
- The Michigan Medicine Life Sciences Orchestra provides performance opportunities for faculty, staff, students, scientists, volunteers and alumni in medical, health science and life science disciplines at the university. This concert features pieces by Bach and Aaron Copland.
- Michigan Medicine Quiz Bowl: 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., Friday, April 27, Towsley Lobby
- Love Jeopardy? Find yourself answering all the questions during Trivial Pursuit? Then come on down and participate in the first Michigan Medicine Quiz Bowl! Faculty and staff can play on their own or with a team from each department/unit and earn the title of Michigan Medicine Quiz Bowl champion. Fun prizes, a trophy and bragging rights for winners! Click here to sign up.
The Office of Patient Experience looks forward to seeing you at any and all of this week’s events — and thanks for all you do to improve the patient experience at Michigan Medicine!