Research computing package offers worry-free services, data storage
Research labs and teams sometimes spend a large amount of sponsored grant funding on data storage and computing resources. Researchers often have to choose between data safety and saving money, resulting in decreased productivity and time wasted on data recovery.
Health Information Technology & Services (HITS), in partnership with Advanced Research Computing – Technology Services (ARC-TS), is pleased to offer computation and data storage services at no cost to Michigan Medicine faculty.
The Research Computing Package has a number of benefits, including:
- Storage: 6 TB of replicated Turbo Research Storage, a high-capacity, fast, reliable and secure data storage service that allows researchers to connect their data to the computing resources necessary for their research, including U-M’s Flux high-performance computing (HPC) cluster.
- Compute: 5 core months on Flux on demand. Flux is the shared, Linux-based HPC cluster available to all researchers.
- Flux does not support PHI, but does support other types of sensitive data.
- As an added bonus, these services can be used between grant funding
- No cost to Michigan Medicine faculty
- Renewable annually
- Daily data backups
- More services will be added in the future
(HITS) offers three convenient ways to get started:
- Click our online customer service portal
- Call the HITS Service Desk 24/7 at 734-936-8000
- Visit one of our walk-in “Help Me Now” sites