Please be advised that MedEQUIP — Michigan Medicine’s durable medical equipment (DME) provider — has worked together with several area pharmacies to provide metered dose inhaler (MDI) spacers and masks.
These pharmacies have agreed to stock these items in their stores and have them available for immediate dispensing to patients when prescribed.
Canalis Pharmacy in Ypsilanti (200 Arnet Street, 734-483-4313) has also agreed to keep spacers and masks in stock for immediate dispensing.
The following Meijer pharmacies will have spacers and medium (for ages 1-5) and large (for ages 5+) masks on hand:
- Ann Arbor Meijer:
- Ann Arbor Saline Road, 3145 Ann Arbor-Saline Rd. (734-769-7800)
- Zeeb/Jackson Road, 5645 Jackson Rd. (734-222-0300)
- Ypsilanti Meijer, 3825 Carpenter Rd. (734-973-1200)
- Howell Meijer, 3883 E. Grand River (517-552-6600)
- Brighton Meijer, 8650 W. Grand River Rd. (810-227-3404)
- Canton Meijer, 45001 Ford Rd. (734-981-2600)
- Northville Meijer, 20401 Haggerty Rd. (248-349-2700)
A list of CVS pharmacies can also be found below. Those stores will have spacers and small (for ages 0-1), medium and large masks on hand.
As a reminder, it is important that patients always have a choice in where they obtain their prescriptions and other services. You should feel free to inform them these items are available if you have prescribed a spacer and mask, but you should never direct patients to use a specific vendor or location.
For some patients, spacers and masks are paid for by a pharmacy benefit, for others it is paid for as a DME benefit and for some patients these items are not covered benefits at all. These decisions are made by their insurance policies; patients should call their insurer for details.
Please contact Pat Lyons (firstname.lastname@example.org) should you have any concerns.