Parking and transportation update: East Ann Arbor employee parking shuttle
As part of Michigan Medicine’s plan to improve parking capacity and access, the organization is launching a new direct shuttle service for employees between the East Ann Arbor (EC1) gravel parking lot and the academic medical center.
The service is scheduled to begin Monday, Feb. 5, and will provide easy access to approximately 375 free parking spaces for Michigan Medicine employees.
Here’s what you need to know about the new service:
- Full-size passenger vans and minivans will carry out the service, and they will be marked with a decal saying, “Employee Parking Shuttle, EAA – Medical Campus.”
- The shuttles will run from 5:45 a.m. until 1 a.m., Monday through Friday (until Saturday morning). Between 1 a.m. and 4 a.m., return service will be provided by Blue Car and will depart from the Taubman Health Center entrance.
- Shuttles will pick up parkers from bus shelters located in the EC1 parking lot and drop them off at their parked cars after daylight hours.
- Employees will be shuttled directly to the Cancer Center circle drive and then the UH South staff entrance. Riders may disembark at either location.
- Shuttles will service the lot approximately every 5-10 minutes during peak arrival times in the morning and approximately every 15 minutes during off-peak hours.
- To return to parking, riders can pick the shuttle service up at the Cancer Center circle drive or UH South staff entrance, with service approximately every 5-10 minutes during peak times and approximately every 15 minutes during off-peak hours.
- Employees may be required to show an MCard in order to board the shuttle.
For individuals needing an ADA-accessible vehicle, this can be scheduled in advance by calling 734-547-2222. Please call between 30 minutes and 24 hours ahead of needing service.