Active U 2018 starts Tuesday
Registration is now open for Active U, MHealthy’s annual 12-week physical activity challenge for the entire university. The program draws thousands in the U-M community who use the team camaraderie, weekly exercise goal and coveted t-shirt as motivation to get moving each new year.
Register today and start the new year off by moving more and feeling good! Tracking starts Tuesday, Jan. 9.
All members of the university — faculty, staff, graduate and undergraduate students, retirees and employee spouses/other qualified adults (OQA) — can join Active U. Sign up and set a physical activity goal. Join a team by Jan. 8 or participate as an individual. Then, between Jan. 9 and April 2, get moving and track your physical activity minutes.
- New online tracker: Now there are more ways to connect with teammates and friends, You can also easily access the new site’s features from your desktop and mobile device.
- Join or create a team: Choose whether to participate as an individual, join a team or create a team. Team rosters must be set by Jan. 8.
- Sync to more devices: The new tracker now supports more wearable activity trackers and free apps including Fitbit, Jawbone, Garmin, Withings, Misfit, MapMyWalk, RunKeeper and more.
- Active U t-shirt: Earn a 2018 t-shirt for successfully completing the program (free to employees; small fee for spouses/other qualified adults, students and retirees).
- Charity donation: Participants can donate to the U-M Cancer Center. If everyone makes a small donation, the community can make a huge impact!
- Qualifies for MHealthy Rewards: Benefits-eligible faculty and staff who successfully complete Active U can earn 50 points toward MHealthy Rewards 2018. Rewards launches on Jan. 11.