Support Puerto Rico collection drive at Alumni Center
Michigan Medicine faculty and staff are invited to help U-M collect supplies on behalf of Puerto Rico Rises to assist in relief efforts following Hurricane Maria.
On Thursday, Oct. 12, the U-M Alumni Center will stage a drive-by drop-off site at its loading dock on E. Washington just west of Fletcher St. in Ann Arbor. All you have to do is pull your vehicle up and volunteers will unload any of the supplies listed below between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m.
- Batteries (especially sizes C and D)
- Portable water purification
- Solar lanterns and light sticks
- Solar cell-phone chargers
- Battery or solar-powered radios
- Construction tools and materials
- Mosquito repellant
- Disinfecting wipes and hand sanitizer
- Power inverters
- Tampons, pads and liners
- Toothbrushes, toothpaste, floss, mouthwash, deodorant, shampoo, and conditioner
- Canned goods (Spam, corned beef, tuna, chicken, etc.)
- Canned beans (kidney, pink, black, white, chickpea)
- Canned vegetables (corn, greens, carrots, etc.)
- Bottled water
- Canned baby formula and baby food, and adult or baby diapers
On behalf of those in need in Puerto Rico, thank you for your support!