Plan ahead and expect delays: Upcoming road work
October 20, 2017 // FOUND IN: Updates & Resources
Please be advised that a number of road construction projects are scheduled to take place around Ann Arbor.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- Beginning today, Miller Ave. is expected to be closed to westbound traffic between M-14 and North Maple Rd.
- Traffic will be detoured north on North Maple Rd. through the roundabouts at the M-14 interchange and west on the westbound M-14 ramp back to Miller Ave.
- The closure is expected to last until Friday, Oct. 27
- From 7 a.m. until 3 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 21, East Washington between South Main and Fourth Ave. is scheduled to be closed for a crane lift.
- Westbound East Washington traffic will be detoured south on South Main, west on East Liberty and north on Fourth Ave.
- Eastbound East Washington traffic will be detoured south on Fourth Ave., east on East Liberty and north on South Main.
- Pedestrian traffic on the south side of East Washington will be detoured to the north side of the street.
- Beginning Sunday, Oct. 22, dividers and lane shifts are expected to be used on Packard over US-23 so that bridge repairs can take place.
- Two-way traffic will maintained during the project, which is scheduled to end on Nov. 15.
- Between Monday, Oct. 23 and Friday, Oct. 27, West Kingsley is scheduled to be closed to traffic between North Ashley and North First.
- Two-way traffic wil be allowed on North First between Miller Ave. and West Kingsley and on West Kingsley between the construction zone and North Ashley.
- Traffic will be detoured south on North Main and west on Miller Ave.
- Pedestrians will be detoured down North Ashley during the project.
- Drivers should expect to see intermittent single-lane closures in each direction of North Maple between Dexter and M-14 from Thursday, Oct. 26 until Friday, Nov. 3.
- Work is scheudled to take place between 9 a.m. and 3:30 p.m. daily.
- Pedestrian traffic, emergency access and access to side streets and driveways will be maintained through the project.
- From 6 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 25 until noon on Sunday, Oct. 28, East Washington between Fletcher and Thayer is scheduled to be closed for the U-M bicentennial “HAILstorm” event.
- From 10 a.m. until 10 p.m. on Friday, Oct. 27, North University between Fletcher and Thayer is expected to be closed for the U-M bicentennial Third Century Expo event.