Plan ahead and expect delays: Weekend road, parking lot closures
Please be advised that upcoming maintenance projects and special events are expected to cause roads and a Michigan Medicine parking lot to close this weekend.
Plan ahead and expect delays and alert patients if they will be traveling in the area.
Here’s what you need to know:
- The M29 parking lot is scheduled to be closed beginning at 6 p.m. today, Oct. 13 untl 6 a.m. on Sunday, Oct. 15 to accomodate the 21st annual Walk to Remember. Personal and U-M vehicles need to be removed from the lot prior to 6 p.m. today.
- Beginning at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, asphalt repairs are scheduled to get underway on Glazier Way between Huron Pkwy. and Fuller Rd. Flaggers will be used to maintain two-way traffic. Work is expected to be completed by the end of Sunday, Oct. 15.
- Between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 14, South Fourth between Huron St. and Washington St. is scheduled to be closed to vehicle traffic for road work.
- Southbound Fourth Ave. traffic will be detoured east on Huron St., south on Fifth Ave. and west on Washington St.
- Northbound Fourth Ave. traffic will be detoured west on Washington St., north on South Main St. and east on Huron St.
- Pedestrian traffic on the east side of Fourth Ave. will be detoured to the west side of the street.